Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH 11/16] _git: remove TODOs of actually documented options
- X-seq: zsh-workers 31622
- From: Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxx>
- To: Øystein Walle <oystwa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 11/16] _git: remove TODOs of actually documented options
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 22:41:35 +0200
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=qrDiU3X6OTEMdB4BVj9xPqoGysQzMk7HpIrSUo0xTLQ=; b=DUuehEG9ogpiQZ8sI8RqywMZsc5sYARXl9VtObLBjNaxm0FToGnE7YdWvtOIFfzmdA 82KLdpwmWrRHX/catRB5dFH35cb1edNScLtAd95FQPAbJ2XnqncT2qcl6k7O9svOo1ac yHbKt9gf1csEWBv475nn+cC1Hnj4z584FKakA1Fenfe03is144ZA4Uh0LTLECdLnnNt9 I0Cz/I1IKXNJ4lqjv+IIa19xTPAY9vF/hWVCXso/qnswmkVpuQie1FAILnlufrC6oTOy 5F9zzZJ8jnsDzZU0C2mj86epZkzTFKFD7mJ7ut2sr8iLvNy8i5R1Ahdp3Km5KjcDUfHA MS0Q==
- In-reply-to: <CAFaJEquW7QY7Xa6gmrEJuMS2U6dtJsCAtjFcE-=n5cwAs0iFwg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CADdV=MtXLe4JF0Kx_=QwpLYtUkTG1Vgud92UhnjfbDo5_2F2Jg@mail.gmail.com> <CAFaJEquW7QY7Xa6gmrEJuMS2U6dtJsCAtjFcE-=n5cwAs0iFwg@mail.gmail.com>
- Sender: nikolai.weibull@xxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 8:01 PM, Øystein Walle <oystwa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 30 July 2013 16:40, Nikolai Weibull <now@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Here too, undocumented means that it isn’t documented in Git’s
>> documentation. Please do what I should have done and send them
>> patches as well.
> Our misunderstanding of the TODOs has caused some unfortunate trouble...
It’s my fault for never putting out any real documentation on the to-do list.
> I have "vetted" this particular patch. Some options are in fact documented
> (--null, --local, -v and --verbose, --break-rewrites) while some are not even
> supported by git (--detect-renames, --detect-copies, --for-rewrite).
> You are completely right about the rest.
> Should I send a corrected patch to replace this one (an 11/16 v2 so to speak)?
> If it is of interest I can vet the others that touch TODOs as well.
I think that you may apply them, but please try to send patches to the
Git project as well so that the options can get documented properly in
the man files as well.
Messages sorted by: