Re: SIGPIPE (Re: ZSH history not saved anymore)

On Sat, 27 Sep 2014 10:53:01 -0700
> I'm a bit hesitant to change this after all these years, but perhaps an
> interactive shell should exit on SIGPIPE if the terminal is not still open?

It's hard to see how can that be wrong if we exit on EOF on the terminal.

> I'm probably missing something having to do with subshells receiving the
> PIPE signal.  There are regrettably many code paths covering all the ways
> an interactive shell might fork.

I don't know what it is that stops it running zexit() and having the
same effect in a subshell, hence writing out history incorrectly, if
that's what you mean, but you may be thinking of something more subtle.

pws