Re: [patch] Fix VCS_INFO_reposub's whitespace handling

On Sep 28,  7:10pm, Marco Hinz wrote:
}
} I'm new to zsh internals, but apparently something causes the string
} 'foo   bar' to be read in as 2 arguments. printf only takes 1
} argument, and so 'bar' just gets appended.
}
} Could someone point me to the appropriate parameter expansion rule?
}
} Solution:
}
} Double-quote ${$(pwd -P)#$base/}.

It's the $(pwd -P) that's the problem; $(...) is subject to $IFS split
unless quoted.  Section 14.4 "Command Substitution" in the docs.