Re: PATCH: give precedence to local keymaps (was Re: More on getkeycmd())

On Nov 3,  5:30pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: give precedence to local keymaps (was Re: More on getk
}
} Bart wrote:
} >
} > I don't particularly object, though of course the ideal behavior would be
} > that the prefix would be treated as such whenever the two maps overlap.
}
} Well, no: I don't want to treat the key as a prefix when the global
} binding is a prefix of the local binding because then I'm forced to
} type the local binding faster than $KEYTIMEOUT.

Hmm, I can see where that might be an issue for vi-mode.  I'm strictly
an emacs-mode person when in the shell (although I'm editing this
message in vim) and the behavior I described is similar to the way
keymaps work in emacs.

} How about the following patch? This does hiding in the case I mention
} above but not for the converse: a local binding that is a prefix of a
} global binding won't hide the longer global binding

That's probably quite sufficient.