Re: autocd in scripts

On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 11:04:42 -0800
> The SHINSTDIN test has been part of autocd farther back than any
> changelog or source control can resolve, so it's probably related to
> cd printing out the name of the new directory whenever an autocd takes
> place, and the assumption is that this would not be wanted when the
> input is from a script file (but simply changing silently would also
> be bad).
>
> This probably should be documented somehow.  Suggested wording, anyone?

SHINSTDIN seems to be fairly fully documented, I suppose we just refer
to it from the AUTOCD entry.

I'm torn between wondering whether we need to be writing a style guide
to scripting or simply standing over users while they write out 100
times "I must not use confusing interactive features in scripts".

pws