Re: Suggestion for ZSH, who do I send it to?

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 09:00:44 -0800
> } My suggestion is to add a few options to the sysread and syswrite
> } builtins that come stock with ZSH in the system module:
>
> If this is a change that means these options would not work when a
> particular GNU library is not available, then it would be better to
> add them a different way so that it's possible to test beforehand
> whether they are available.  I don't think the module "features"
> mechanism has granularity below the level of a new builtin (i.e., I
> don't think you can use features to test for individual options).

The "zsystem supports" command was added to this module for this
purpose.  "zsystem supports anyoldrubbish" simply returns status 1
unless the zsystem module has been provided with an internal feature
called anyoldrubbish.  It's not visible at the zmodule interface,
however; you have to load the module and run the command.

Explicitly linking against GNU libraries might have legal consequences.
We print a warning when we do this with libgdbm as it means the binary
is covered by the GNU public license (as they call it).  It depends on
the licence (as I call it) for the library whether this would apply
here.

pws

P.S. Tests reveal zsystem does not currently support anyoldrubbish.