Re: Builtin strftime and TZ assignments

On Sat, 21 Feb 2015 14:54:41 -0800
> Without it, starting from an unset TZ, doing
>
> torch% TZ=UTC strftime ...
>
> results in TZ remaining set to UTC after strftime completes.  With the
> pm->level bump, TZ is back to unset again after strftime completes.

When you say "without", do you mean without setting pm->level at all?
That wouldn't work because a level is only assigned if you "typeset" or
equivalent --- a normal assignment creates a global parameter.  But I'd
expect it to work with locallevel instead of locallevel+1.

I don't understand the difference if createparam() isn't there.  It
should always be called by any function that needs to create a parameter.

pws