Re: [BUG] Can't mark unset variables as read-only

On Apr 29, 11:36am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} +Note that in zsh (unlike other shells) it is still possible
} +to create a local variable of the same name as this is considered a
} +different variable (though this variable, too, can be marked readonly).

Hrm, I wonder if that, combined with "typeset" automatically creating
locals when called in a function context (also a POSIX incompatibility?)
defeats the whole purpose of an unset readonly?

Actually it probably undermines readonly for variables that are set, too,
so I probably shouldn't worry about it because it isn't changing.