Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Can be a module linked to library to which Zsh isn't linked?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 36770
- From: Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Can be a module linked to library to which Zsh isn't linked?
- Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 18:49:37 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=opOV3qgPALz3docoWm47WQRv/OEmw+bkXx2qIDVGL2w=; b=QYw0kfU00c3LVbeoaaqW8GSGlsI6c5ukCsz7q4UtZgkBSb/GShJO0WlxYkfpoR9k3t n1WxmzoaSteHsjyWz5+4Grhl85VbZUH6vFo58KScmTvKp8IVX+VmMAgHIFl79jKRyboJ P4oyyHi3PGby2OJbeRf3CVpHe6rs6oN2okvoFa9NxB/C3qXKwWk9BEHGq/katc4Xy4cc 0U0VoSnL7FTYc29u8zrCpem6YEPjeIJIhgJWvdkia2kqMEkROFam52BrEEpw/BwN6UXQ YUXX3ZJo79BhNY13ZGztUj0GqB8BDREyUIMDYwwTcwqp6Vy4qjjORPnToYSsl3XD9c/d 0mEQ==
- In-reply-to: <151003115520.ZM4622@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAKc7PVDefmDGLHrkBmLQJ2_DMY_K3LEjte99mbyk5V1As5fXDg@mail.gmail.com> <151003115520.ZM4622@torch.brasslantern.com>
On 3 October 2015 at 20:55, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 4:24pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> } Modules gdbm and pcre aren't built by default and they make
> } zsh binary linked to libgdbm, libpcre. I thought that's why they
> } aren't build by default - because they add dependencies to zsh binary
> It's because they add *licensing* dependencies, IIRC, not because they
> add shared-object dependencies.
The shared-object dependencies can also be a problem. Uninstalling
libpcre could yield zsh unworking. Having modified LIBS for pcre, gdbm
modules would solve this. Packagers would build such modules instead
of leaving them inactive. However for those two the licensing aspect
overlaps as you wrote, so it's a lost battle for them anyway (BTW
libpcre is BSD, isn't it compatible with Zsh?).
What bothers me is that someone who builds zsh against termcap or
terminfo loses curses module. Having a bit of separate tests in
configure against libraries needed by modules but not zsh itself would
solve this. Is Zsh open for such change?
Messages sorted by: