Re: Exporting REPORTTIME data to ENVVARs instead of printing.

On Oct 5,  2:23pm, Slava Barinov wrote:
} Subject: Exporting REPORTTIME data to ENVVARs instead of printing.
}
}   REPORTTIME feature only can print timings to terminal but I have a
}   great prompt with much information embedded and still having some
}   space to add this info.
}
}   My suggestion is to add possibility of exporting timings to envvars
}   instead of printing them to terminal.

It would be more in keeping with similar features if the values were
placed in an array or hash rather than in four separate variables.
Or in a single scalar but formatted with $TIMEFMT.

However, if the primary motivation is to include them in the prompt
string, a prompt substitution escape might be more appropriate.