Re: Recursive globbing shorthand (a la **.c)

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 13:16:10 -0700
> So we need to add globstar as an alias for globstarshort in ksh and bash
> emulations?  Or since globstarshort is new should we just chop off the
> "short" and extend it to the other emulations?

It's not quite the same thing, since globstar controls both forms
including the form limited to directories.  However, I see the basic zsh
form is left on when SH_GLOB is active, so it does at least some of the
effect.

I think it would need to have the emulation bit turned *off* ---
i.e. the difference is no longer what you're emulating, the difference
is whether you've set it explicitly in whatever shell you're emulating.
But that's not ideal, either, if you want "emulate -L zsh" to give you a
sane environment including no patter mathcing surprises.

So the conclusion is, um.

pws