"disable typeset" (was Re: PATCH: Ghastly typeset -p array hack finally bites the dust)

On Dec 4,  5:56pm, Peter Stephenson quoted the doc:
}
}  Note that each interface to any of the commands my be disabled
}  separately.  For example, `tt(disable -r typeset)' disables the reserved
}  word interface to tt(typeset), exposing the builtin interface, while
} -`tt(disable typeset)' disables the builtin.

Hmm, I just noticed that "disable typeset" doesn't accomplish anything
(except make "builtin typeset" fail) without "disable -r typeset" too.

Not sure what I expected to happen, or why anyone would do this anyway.