Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] portable mechanism to determine noatime
- X-seq: zsh-workers 37320
- From: Matthew Martin <phy1729@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] portable mechanism to determine noatime
- Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 14:00:49 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=0Cve75r2oEM81t5actMsPr3eIZCbGDqLdDezT0WpHSI=; b=KOaQFuW4/tVuyn/900L1SH20ud7ma11KZrKTUYX0mft4KmxTPib8uu4iF/GaBe68NQ 8rZbXjRQx7hx1mhigEX5vaXgqR2bS+AHhx/3qfdjBJJv6D9nTvuNK9n302lyYd2oXRCZ 88xypcm79LsAXj0jOh5e66Bo6H//ho7+WepBhWuvFd4eTrWE9DHyA77rEZTfIEyu2R9S SFJEZveYhbcPnOj96RvjBERWcyQqvj2iq4rPKjx7ClaTIPtG64x+OvdUKCG8WftdkW1A qcueAjfkOr6QK/uK77G048BUkyeg6diTEnI7wW48DRct2GglMiWTTyz3W146bipe50qu Foag==
- In-reply-to: <56632A3A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAPKC6oKUAu0LWzfWuaSbX3iQymhUmZg-35jf9SzrjMv4s=7HQA@mail.gmail.com> <566272DD.email@example.com> <56632A3A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Eric Cook <llua@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/05/2015 12:15 AM, Eric Cook wrote:
>> On 12/04/2015 06:22 PM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
>>> While updating the FreeBSD package to 5.2, I got a failure when
>>> running the testsuite. Actually it was not a real failure are the said
>>> test is known to not work on a noatime filesystem which is my case.
>>> The way to test for noatime rely on /etc/mtab which we do not have
>>> Here is a patch to use the mount command instead:
>>> Best regards,
>> This patch doesn't work on illumos/solaris systems.
> Well, it isn't just unique to illumos/solaris.
> If you build zsh in a directory that is on your root partition (say you don't have a separate /home partition)
> `df .' returns `/', `grep /' matches every mount point and if any mount point is mounted noatime, the final grep succeeds.
> But that problem still exist with the use of /etc/mtab.
mount | awk '$1 == "'"$(df . | tail -n 1 | cut -d\ -f1)"\" | grep -q noatime
Messages sorted by: