Re: [BUG] Directory glob picks up running or already-run scripts on OS X

On 2016/07/11, at 5:12, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not able to reproduce this.
(snip)
> macadamia% ~-/Src/zsh -f script1
> macadamia% print -l */
> zsh: no matches found: */

Please try running 'script1' and 'print -l */' in the same shell.
For example:
% zsh -f -c './script1; print -l */'

On 2016/07/11, at 13:58, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The problem seems to be that scanner() calls recursively one extra
> time when looking at "notadirectory/".

> In that case statfullpath("") is called and, for reasons I haven't
> figured out, that returns success on MacOS when called in exactly
> the circumstances that Zhiming describes.

Near the end of statfullpath() (line 301 of glob.c), the access(2) system
call is used to check whether the path is actually a directory:
	access(buf, F_OK)
where buf is set to 'script1/.'; but it seems access(2) behaves quite
strangely on OS X.
On OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion, a rather old version) I get the following
(note that no zsh is involved here):

bash$ cat atest.c
#include <unistd.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
    if(argc==2) printf("%d\n",access(argv[1], F_OK));
    return 0;
}
bash$ cc -o atest atest.c
bash$ echo '#!/bogus/command' > foo	# /bogus/command does not exist
bash$ ./atest foo/.
-1                              # as expected
bash$ ./foo
bash: ./foo: Permission denied
bash$ ./atest foo/.
-1                              # still fails
bash$ chmod u+x foo
bash$ ./foo
bash: ./foo: /bogus/command: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
bash$ ./atest foo/.
0                               # now it succeeds
bash$

I will test on El Capitan later, but I guess I'll get the same result
since Zhiming is having the problem on El Capitan (or even 10.12 beta).

Jun