Re: Bug related to stdin/always/jobcontrol

Peter Stephenson wrote on Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 22:35:53 +0100:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 18:31:05 +0100
> Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think I might be getting close with the attached patch... first
> > guess is we need to create a new process group, or something.
>
> The subjob needs to keep its process group because it's too late to
> change it; I found out what was missing, it needs process group leader
> assigning from that of list_pipe_job (obviously, right?)  Seems a bit
> weird this never got noticed before, but it's hard to see how it can be
> wrong since this is the way the pipeline always works, regardless of
> whether the ls process or equivalent has exited.  I've tried a few bits
> of job control with multiple different list-pipe-style constructs lying
> around and they still seem to work.

This (39331) broke fg'ing a function for me:

% print $ZSH_PATCHLEVEL
zsh-5.2-dev-1-401-g4e51079
% f() { $EDITOR }
% f
<press ^Z in the editor>
zsh: suspended  f
% fg
[1]  + continued  f
zsh: suspended (tty output)  f

After the 'fg' I get another prompt immediately, instead of being
returend to $EDITOR.

Cheers,

Daniel