Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Weird behaviour of a multiline prompt
- X-seq: zsh-workers 39766
- From: "Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov (ZyX)" <kp-pav@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Weird behaviour of a multiline prompt
- Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 00:44:04 +0300
- Authentication-results: mxback8m.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yandex.ru; s=mail; t=1477777444; bh=0u39BV39hJlr/HQC95+7cdEUcdwKZ723TC2k1n1Epik=; h=From:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:Message-Id:Date; b=YlkQyhIhrEmk+Ehcfh9SKjJAKpw1+LBZzRa2/EUI4OdTfhFSVF+TT/E6hAmLpxa+b zYBC8cjFXHXLWr8WwKudreu7dghOUscaSVA8Ln8egfhMqE8otYLmrHMfxuXqIvUeag dR/pT0fj+2NeSRnmLQUTKftc1mt+YWF116VG45bs=
- In-reply-to: <161029114131.ZM17050@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com> <161029114131.ZM17050@torch.brasslantern.com>
29.10.2016, 21:49, "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Oct 29, 9:13pm, Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov (ZyX) wrote:
> } PS1=$'abc\n'
> } (i.e. non-empty line above an empty prompt) then it shows up as
> } expected when I replace my prompt with this. But when I try using
> } exactly the same prompt in `pexpect` zsh no longer shows any prompt at
> } all: neither `abc`, nor RPS1.
> Check to see if the SINGLE_LINE_ZLE option has become set when inside
> pexpect? RPS1 is not printed in single-line mode, and only the last
> line of PS1.
My test suite is testing multiline prompts which also have PS1 and this works, up until I do not try to use prompt with empty last line. A check shows that `$options[singlelinezle]` evaluates to `off` while this problem is in effect.
> Fix would be to force the environment value of LINES to be something
> greater than 1 for pexpect.
Though making $LINES actually be 3 (in pexpect I used 1x300 screen, 2x300 neither did work well) fixes this bug and previously ignored bug with RPS1 not showing up was also fixed, thanks.
Messages sorted by: