Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
"fake" style requires at least one real match?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 39830
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: "fake" style requires at least one real match?
- Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 17:39:55 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:to:subject:mime-version; bh=5HyXGbt4Var+N3ZTuEYddIPlWDtm4yI9SS+AsLzyEtQ=; b=gXahezo/SdnGi0Rje5Hlm9ZgTjyURJ5Eo6mYmbBAhUqPi7fnUm23+gQVnfbYST8AZC xcznjH8nyHpEWF9awsVOKaaaCi+zaFDHmwj64vcI2U07a7NGOr4OldfZozfheaIgZyes NWtFgVA30IueSvY7BthIaJab1Ca4D/72oIfKhbE3RcDXEbtYcRP7BWTXp8adktdWAUpo QJY4HGfvtG5n4wABVMRoHBokgUghRuspk7bQ9YZY9DaIEJtA7WVMh28D0LPKlAeDFYa+ aq+wOnJSOAuK+LZArNEsC5/A5vd9/azuz3N6GewUTXp1tem5yKhQHIhY4DxqXgukMZrS 6iIA==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
This is essentially the same Q-and-A as from users/10988 almost exactly
ten years ago. The difference is that the solution in that message no
zstyle ':completion::complete:cd:*' tag-order \
named-directories:-normal:named\ directories *'
zstyle -e ':completion::complete:cd:*:named-directories-mine' fake \
zstyle -e ':completion::complete:cd:*:named-directories-mine' \
Unless at least one of the real matches is excluded from ignored-patterns,
the "comptags" loop in _all_labels makes another pass and re-adds all the
matches that it ignored the first time around. This also affects the
fake-always style, which was intended to explicitly allow ignoring all
the real matches.
There don't appear to have been any changes to _description or _all_labels
in all that time that would affect this, so it must be something in the
internals? There also haven't been any changes to bin_comptags() that
look like they could be the culprit, I don't know where to look next.
Also, an aside, _cd doesn't offer named-directories unless there is a
prefix of the word. I don't recall if that's a change from the past or
Messages sorted by: