Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
[PATCH] ? - doc for execute-named-cmd
- X-seq: zsh-workers 39929
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: [PATCH] ? - doc for execute-named-cmd
- Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2016 15:37:19 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:to:subject:mime-version; bh=8X28n6eX1K2px/0Ix1+KWjp7CYhi/bLTUG/4S5YDV2k=; b=XSrNRSroOV79brDPBuBqW7A38K+ncHsf6wddqAU5pl7a4b7JIozATHTQtoT8XD0xsh KvjT3Llit2+jCcHxlAKQ0s8EriF8igZhSmc4LN0YKt9YIi2pGhWJqv6BGRzhWm+F2+xO 8+CUa8CwWSLkIVAKtHr9zWkbWXODa/P6+oZe48dr9zZQeTJQYBhnmunlhtaCHqiz1sEj SiarFln3xgGMEGJ7sjDi1oKsHZhLPjuOjUli+//0iv8YPBIntpcoQD8hTa2iaAgnK4Af lwyJw29q0y+Z566CFtVFZVoQhk5981Em5zj0iqu1EWqrCizzZsr+2M3x/nRs0da/GUEp hA4Q==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
I don't know exactly at what point calling execute-last-named-cmd by
name began to work, but as far as I can tell it now does?
diff --git a/Doc/Zsh/zle.yo b/Doc/Zsh/zle.yo
index b7bb23b..21681e5 100644
@@ -2224,8 +2224,12 @@ point and mark are not swapped.
item(tt(execute-named-cmd) (tt(ESC-x)) (tt(:)) (unbound))(
-Read the name of an editor command and
-execute it. A restricted set of editing functions is available in the
+Read the name of an editor command and execute it. Aliasing this
+widget with `tt(zle -A)' or replacing it with `tt(zle -N)' has no
+effect when interpreting key bindings, but `tt(zle execute-named-cmd)'
+will invoke such an alias or replacement.
+A restricted set of editing functions is available in the
mini-buffer. Keys are looked up in the special
tt(command) keymap, and if not found there in the main keymap.
An interrupt signal, as defined by the stty setting, will
@@ -2266,7 +2270,8 @@ tindex(execute-last-named-cmd)
item(tt(execute-last-named-cmd) (tt(ESC-z)) (unbound) (unbound))(
Redo the last function executed with tt(execute-named-cmd).
-Currently this command may not be redefined or called by name.
+Like tt(execute-named-cmd), this command may not be redefined,
+but it may be called by name.
item(tt(get-line) (tt(ESC-G ESC-g)) (unbound) (unbound))(
Messages sorted by: