Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Regression in bracketed-paste-magic (not in 5.2, but affects 5.3's test releases)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40111
- From: Zhiming Wang <zmwangx@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Regression in bracketed-paste-magic (not in 5.2, but affects 5.3's test releases)
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 21:57:49 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:content-transfer-encoding:mime-version:subject:message-id:date :to; bh=xjn0cib1wAMG+FKa32BBqv0GVrMNBQrY41n5MToDi2k=; b=uh61Wy50w6TGq4l4rnyHSEDTyuhYTBrLqEzTFoD1nvkQleG+LMryMSmjFhkRBBumyT 5sDIX0g0nB8QJDjuzL3p7XZetR6WB/OBnJ4Ctsm3NJlrozyYk4pZ5bNsAUIcCRUJolcs NuAVScP8wKd1npz1rbTKk1TBP4I9NjvrSYRqLluOlsyCBinzpqqX7aVvNjexFJacvtAv aIBK0GuXGEWFzuMMpUoR3Yt1C2M9W0tp8feLP9aXL+gDMzYvwpzS8khLY0agviiwiEVw nnCat5+g7A9RZ7lXVa+Kc35+ma8w44cF7ln6kFQAgdKtkkXrrt7twNav1ViJAAdTxCRl 7deg==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
Commit 20948d0 (38579: Functions/Zle/bracketed-paste-magic: simplify saving and
restoring of state) introduced a regression that results in the ZLE buffer
being repeated when pasting under certain conditions. It was introduced after
5.2 and currently affects 5.2-test-1, 5.2-test-2 and master.
Here's a simple reproducer:
1. Set up environment (.zshrc and history) and open a new session with that
cd "$(mktemp -d /tmp/XXXXXXX)"
cat >.zshrc <<'EOF'
autoload -Uz bracketed-paste-magic
zle -N bracketed-paste bracketed-paste-magic
cat >history <<'EOF'
2. Press the following sequence of keys (no space): ^R echo ^R ^E
history-incremental-search-backward, end-of-line), then paste something,
At this point, we should expect
in the ZLE buffer. Instead, we see
echo 1zshecho 1
note the buffer prior to pasting being repeated at the end.
Here's a terminal recording that demonstrates the wrong behavior in action:
Messages sorted by: