Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
PATCH: 5.3 bits for the NEWS file
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40130
- From: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: PATCH: 5.3 bits for the NEWS file
- Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 23:46:10 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s2048; t=1481237171; bh=bkC6PydCVtqGDC4i8iNYxkS4XdCp/oVP0swooSStWUM=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:From:Subject; b=lohIr0ziMWLvGI+HgOLLag3mk7HPvnulXBBupuYk7BxGrP78n3mrVayH3rqG7OPJ16ov2jpwXn3ur184foHawqsjxGQYQ7tuLPZ1OvvxcS7hrlwLACCZQsKjLVigfTxbOXFAlCtgSatuhymVJuwIOh20kHQ5kAeiBjm25kqHS1bs55j3jefk7oTbMx2M4HnLaqg4MMbviODb8t2oduv8b4HiKyAILRgL4UTtUWiuQsoouIpM5jQF7o1c4rou066biflGl4ltQ4qkhy21wWR5m27kt/fo308SYvN4IAf2BMfzctCdW4NnUm3tLmrA4mMlAb82Ox6NO9d0XKrFlPJo7Q==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
Additions to NEWS, covering only changes that I had some involvement
diff --git a/NEWS b/NEWS
index 403cd612c..ba9eb9b2c 100644
@@ -26,6 +26,30 @@ The output of "typeset -p" uses "export" commands or the "-g" option
for parameters that are not local to the current scope. Previously,
all output was in the form of "typeset" commands, never using "-g".
+vi-repeat-change can repeat user-defined widgets if the widget calls
+zle -f vichange.
+The parameter $registers now makes the contents of vi register buffers
+available to user-defined widgets.
+New vi-up-case and vi-down-case builtin widgets bound to gU/gu (or U/u
+in visual mode) for doing case conversion.
+A new select-word-match function provides vim-style text objects with
+configurable word boundaries using the existing match-words-by-style
+Support for the conditional expression [[ -v var ]] to test if a
+variable is set for compatibility with other shells.
+The print and printf builtins have a new option -v to assign the output
+to a variable. This is for bash compatibility but with the additional
+feature that, for an array, a separate element is used each time the
+format is reused.
+New x: syntax in completion match specifications make it possible to
+disable match specifications hardcoded in completion functions.
Changes from 5.1.1 to 5.2
Messages sorted by: