Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Bug in RPROMPT code?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40207
- From: Nicholas Sterling <nicholas.sterling@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: "Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov (ZyX)" <kp-pav@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Bug in RPROMPT code?
- Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 15:00:37 -0600
- Cc: "zsh-workers@xxxxxxx" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date:cc :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=dyc74GudvPfn8AZMGUJJbwJvZfxWhIKl6aoaJZeIvQM=; b=u3eISbpd9v0QDWHpI6Btu0kMlykDQFEotn3OKooVI/JsFeD1UBXzgIz3i4r4LHRxwE uQaBoiAbz2CCklg0Gw18l3FTW3XKnc1RHhVPNjviPN046p9wjhVcEL3vx6bSzG4fnCla a4NzeqFnU2jV47FF/k/WuKH92obbyDc78pXbAnUfttRma11bh2i6+E2x8DW6lkUWWSWl GGLlCbyhSdu5N0A6BCTUwyQkh5hMW/TTjS9opDHyFCy6PQQe8mWXqbN/acTncmi6Z5Iv gA5dQQ05QLr2qYx9NKnPlH0IF4FxrI+6eOtZ3Jz+o9zd35KO7yCU7FLE6j6d6GEs6cjg WPPw==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <F34B158F-30CE-4633-9435-22290668900B@gmail.com> <email@example.com>
Ah, go it. Thanks, Nikolay.
> On Dec 16, 2016, at 6:07 AM, Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov (ZyX) <kp-pav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 16.12.2016, 14:33, "Nicholas Sterling" <nicholas.sterling@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hi folks. Is this a bug? When I use %S%s to make the RPROMPT inverse video, zsh leaves a space at the end. Without inverse video, it is flush with the margin. Is it possible that the calculation to figure out at which column to start the RPROMPT is not taking into account that %s is non-printing?
>> This is obviously not critical, but I thought you would want to know.
> RPROMPT should always be shifted by default, behaviour is controlled by $ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT which defaults to 1.
> Setting it to zero does not work well, see attached screenshot (screenshot was done in `zsh -f`). Note that on screenshot you see cursor right after `%` after zeroing ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT, while it should be aligned with `R`, `R` and `Z`, but space is left both with and without inverse by default.
Messages sorted by: