Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
[FEATURE REQUEST] Adding battery power to bigfade prompt
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40238
- From: shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: [FEATURE REQUEST] Adding battery power to bigfade prompt
- Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 01:51:28 +0530
- Cc: Adam <adam@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:cc :content-transfer-encoding; bh=CwAx18JW0ebA2zpGeaomZJo4xyN2lYYLT7Ngcue72J4=; b=HGJbhz3kV76EnansLSRn+w93j5L6UK5loM+jdSSQkMnRXQ6SwS2U6rpaUFzGMPPY8l Gqt3ED0/xsnHFIFfpbKEXJJLP/axhwpqqUK+agp889JCt+BWIGjVdpioxGK69zlzAF7y pCmBilDGLofGTWvXRLB/OD+hX+/7rHB2+gtxAkVQaA/0dzcxqTRxj1N47MbzqL3E8hrR ikPchM8lzYxJQcv4ZNjLFYHGsHxpM1tOtrfQ3YzDCpcbN4MouZcheAlUjOZxVKfy/MVx 2STuz0HNYDU5tmpR6a4oBTN5GTrO8ITZ6ASxs8P0bM/irb+oSI/0dR4IHgzzAKNO8k95 cn8A==
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
Please CC me if anybody answers to this mail as I'm not subscribed to
the zsh-workers mailing list.
I have been playing around and recently came to know about zsh
prompts. I tried a few and had issues with a prompt which I was able
to solve -
Now, first of all i want to thank Adam who converted the theme to be
used in zsh.
Now while I was looking at that, I saw there was still something
missing in the bigfade prompt and realized it was not having battery
power on the right-hand side of the command prompt.
I looked at both zsh-users, zsh-workers and debian-bugs to see if
somebody has talked about it but found nobody.
http://www.zsh.org/mla/users//2016/author.html - In fact found it
strange that zsh didn't dice the user's mailing for the year in other
ways such as date (which is important as well)
http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2016/index.html - all the patches come here.
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=zsh#_1_6_5 - The
debian wishlist bug list.
While I did see a few interesting bugs about prompts in the Debian
Bts, none of them shared the feature request I have.
It would be nice if either bigfade or some other prompt adds battery
power to its prompt, please. Although it would be nice if bigfade has
it, even if some other prompt within the
/usr/share/zsh/functions/Prompts/ has it, would be nice.
This has already been done with
and some other prompts I saw.
Could battery power be an optional feature which could be had on any
zsh prompt as a generic thing, maybe have it as a function and just
need to init it in .zsh/ where just like colors and prompts need to
initialize it and it would work.
Look forward to know more.
Shirish Agarwal शिरीष अग्रवाल
My quotes in this email licensed under CC 3.0
EB80 462B 08E1 A0DE A73A 2C2F 9F3D C7A4 E1C4 D2D8
Messages sorted by: