zsh completion of ls command is a little off

Good day

I noticed that zsh won't complete the parameter "--group-directories-first" for any version of ls. This seems strange to me as it's on the man pages at https://linux.die.net/man/1/ls and is valid in my particular case at least (Ubuntu 16.01). Is there a reason it's not included in my /usr/share/zsh/functions/Completion/Unix/_ls and can I prepare a pull request to the git://git.code.sf.net/p/zsh/code repository after making the relevant changes?

Thank you,

Jared

ls(1): directory contents - Linux man page<https://linux.die.net/man/1/ls>
linux.die.net