Re: Resize bug in 5.2 ?

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 07:49:56 +0000
Jonas Minnberg <sasq64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had an issue where resizing zsh would sometimes cause garbage characters
> to be sent, at least if there was an "active" prompt set up (showed up
> mostly with Powerline).
>
> I later noticed that the bug seems to have been fixed for 5.3, it's just
> unfortunate that 5.2 is still the default version installed on OSX.
>
> I just wonder if someone could confirm that there was such a bug? And if
> there is a workaround for terminal emulator implementations?

If it's this bug:

http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2016/msg00711.html

(officially mailing list entry number 38190) then it was fixed by this.

2016-03-20  Barton E. Schaefer  <schaefer@xxxxxxx>

	* 38191: Src/Zle/zle_main.c: in reexpandprompt(), do not free global
	pointers until after promptexpand() in case they are referenced from
	signal handlers, and do additional re-entrancy checks in case of
	window size changes during promptexpand().

which is git commit 21202e7b95.

If so, you can probably work around it by simplfying the prompt
appropriately or not using signal handlers.

That's the nearest I could see.

pws