Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Handling of *ARGZERO options, for Zsh <= 5.3
- X-seq: zsh-workers 42202
- From: dana <dana@xxxxxxx>
- To: Sebastian Gniazdowski <psprint@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Handling of *ARGZERO options, for Zsh <= 5.3
- Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 23:27:08 -0600
- Cc: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "zsh-workers@xxxxxxx" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=dana-is.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date:cc :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=Dfq+WOdQTEW8zY4XgU5VS7jnOMRsTBlq9CsW9hrOUZ0=; b=YeS/ayS9R0kmWmztg05g8hFDc9B8iYyWjbQqSxzOK+wCtdpkes3mwShpAGEZeufRRl JqmqW6qqVwzphh1vpbHS3FYQb2LPz69L+KHnpC4eNjnLrz5YdIdFFbLzOGeAkwwJvBps XvZ3oE638diGCLV4kii4VGKJVUw0S00ex6Mvig5YLxSqwmFCzH9mTT/tIHgmAEfazUHS 9kKAayKr9eAz/2l54WRVQ/vGdmF+3+m00W83p6g861AoLaY1QM605UdRQuaM1AZ0sLYy RT0iSQBiELVtCFB9psI6K11cOOV460cA9j4LW6KRg822t55/KqZMPitgGmCknzx/WFcw 0gKw==
- In-reply-to: <etPan.email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <etPan.email@example.com> <786CAD82-87B3-4ECD-BFDF-99E7D4E1D5F3@dana.is> <etPan.5a4bdf5d.6db8c70b.13d7@AirmailxGenerated.am> <etPan.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2 Jan 2018, at 23:14, Sebastian Gniazdowski <psprint@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Pitty that there's no at least prompt escape code (zsh var would be best) that would return path to binary.
It's slightly irritating because there's no single cross-platform way to do it.
On Linux you can use /proc/self/exe, and some BSDs have a similar mechanism, but
then there's macOS and Solaris and AIX and so on.
I have wanted this feature in the past myself, though, so i would definitely be
in favour of a ZSH_EXECUTABLE_PATH or something. In fact i may look into it now
that you bring it up.
Messages sorted by: