Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: REPORTTIME=0 with the option to disable for tab completion
- X-seq: zsh-workers 42294
- From: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Josh Junon <junon@xxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: REPORTTIME=0 with the option to disable for tab completion
- Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 15:44:02 +0000
- Cms-type: 201P
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mailout2.w1.samsung.com 20180117154407euoutp028f9e2d3fa219c03ce7e94142fd4612ef~Ko12iuZZm1649016490euoutp02a
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=samsung.com; s=mail20170921; t=1516203847; bh=IjvR31hosI1hquL/08QBiqGvj4DPwfb1DfqLmwt50D4=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:In-reply-to:References:From; b=Ta0bY/MJ+s4dux12nL9ySvmASq6rMfl8NhjUKUvSznyHXFWmsxHsmKExFHQ84Gir2 3p/BY7M275BpSb01vipj9zMZHHFwXyZAxan7IU/NsmJc2nD2yoyK9+VmDw+jKlHxyt tV4r8Rui38oIiHv+Dspakq0m6eDPBsHyr6LawyS0=
- In-reply-to: <CABLBuqEzF_0mY6V4A+N_0xwh8HJ2cM245m8NhbWu5KwLNBBTNA@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Samsung Cambridge Solution Centre
- References: <CGME20180117151906epcas3p4efb5b1c031a4365551432f5a83275b40@epcas3p4.samsung.com> <CABLBuqEzF_0mY6V4A+N_0xwh8HJ2cM245m8NhbWu5KwLNBBTNA@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 15:18:16 +0000
Josh Junon <junon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Recently discovered the `REPORTTIME` environment variable and have found it
> invaluable to my workflow.
> However, it appears to run even for tab completion as well. While I
> understand the reasoning behind it, it makes tab completion kind of
> pointless since the entire screen fills with `time` output.
> Could there be a way to have `REPORTTIME=0` enabled without having it
> run/output anything upon tab completion?
It's not special, so I think you can simply do
diff --git a/Completion/compinit b/Completion/compinit
index c345ceb..f0f8421 100644
@@ -175,7 +175,9 @@ typeset -gH _comp_setup='local -A _comp_caller_options;
trap - ZERR;
local -a reply;
- local REPLY'
+ local REPLY;
+ local REPORTTIME;
+ unset REPORTTIME'
# These can hold names of functions that are to be called before/after all
# matches have been generated.
Messages sorted by: