Re: Performance tests of quoting and dequoting, printf -v turned out slow

I confirm this. I've had additional complication, because OS X El Captain didn't have that function, and I used build from that OS, so tested zsh was slow. A quick look at config.log revealed however that it DOES have it. But it was a wrong conclusion, I've updated to OS X High Sierra and it is that OS that has open_memstream. Looking at older config.log from El Captain confirmed this – no open_memstream there. Fresh Zsh build is fast.

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
psprint /at/ zdharma.org