Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: _sh doing _normal completion
- X-seq: zsh-workers 42545
- From: Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: _sh doing _normal completion
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 20:33:14 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ntlworld.com; s=meg.feb2017; t=1522179195; bh=FmfAo8MB3zblaK3cDaoaX4Dd7QoKtBdNXOKNrilbUCA=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:In-Reply-To:References; b=vLkMZKeIBWRof6uDT7zVN7v9HI2svpwRF2yEeXDhJR2+y1kex3XehhqZQ8+W1mEih jOwDm9j7fxjyRY1ggeH9KbXPTfEGzNMN0+jADaSt50f4tJCW1dldSAHONAtMW34Xwg +wfER1NFScvlXl1vjjp1W+ADZarq9/vhoRu3yLHYPWdPrq0cot8Fe9GdFQS8LRwYvE HTPUjLNm41ugvaK63SFZ8DtCYtUtGHweii+8YfyVt2NKCgOBr6hjjCsLLjpE+qTqg/ 5/+7v6hPjAE+PrB6ZlQ5X0TrPD4iOchJiiiqdHNkOfaKEh8ovUPV0/FPGIWsE/Ob/J YFLA7N30ymtzg==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 15:34:12 +0200
Leah Neukirchen <leah@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> the default _sh completion tries _files, then falls back to _normal.
> However, sh, [t]csh and rc don't support this, and ksh/bash only
> support it for actual shell scripts.
> So I wonder if this is a reasonable completion?
Do you mean falling back to _normal isn't sensible, i.e. it's not worth
assuming you can specify an executable command or similar after the file
name, since it's unlikely the shell can handle it? It's not a particularly
sophisticated fallback, certainly. It's possible you could think of a
better way of searching for finding a script in the path, which I guess
is the real intention. Until someone does, this is probably going to
stay the best we've got.
Messages sorted by: