Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: lexer issue
- X-seq: zsh-workers 42552
- From: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: lexer issue
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 11:57:47 +0200
- Authentication-results: amavisd4.gkg.net (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=yahoo.co.uk
- Cc: Zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s2048; t=1522231069; bh=B/fFSYqwItTFTFt7bxNeoNa/iCamPr1H/JboJueONxc=; h=From:References:To:Subject:Date:From:Subject; b=onQVw3DZ4yzHBnzNIrtlT3+27v9D53pUJMqfqMbdZZuaRZArNQqpQe5JQyc+pYQ+2UHU9MjII3gVKJr+ioQCE4oqRk5mgC5ZgTi5RtL6tLxnIfTCaM4LLGN0mmi6T//+wT+fo7xh6AmoalLWK0YTp/yP4lRCg4VBXJDa9uo619eEuoN8WyWj8vT+vY5aVHSDAGLOgi4WJ44rqbtttWJENrsHwXriRLICgRdfMOGUbLM8F+BgMO4cZubFIbl/ekDOCJrTh933JIfh47aqWwMuzvpizTz58I+Qq1GOZiVqrvnyAdNiZJwPN/kf+i32+cXMKW37NUG9b2jn4axBAyDv2w==
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CGME20180327111617epcas3p264cdae264e676ace2503d20bd919ea5e@epcas3p2.samsung.com> <5777.1522148738@thecus> <email@example.com>
> Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Does anyone know what may be causing this:
> > echo $(( ((##h << 8) + ##e) << 8)+<SPACE>
> > ??? echo $(( ((##h << 8) +
> > This is with space bound to magic-space.
> This will be to do with the fact that you've closed one of the
> parentheses of the arithmetic expression, but not the other, so the next
> expansion has decided it's a command substitution. In that, the ##e is
> a comment, so gets stripped. In fact, I'm not seeing the effect you
> are, which may be down to options, or to the fact that the way we handle
> interactive comments changed recently, or a combination.
It can be reproduced starting from zsh -f with nothing more than
bindkey ' ' magic-space
So interactive_comments is not set.
I managed to bisect it and it was introduced with 34160 (c0d01a6).
Whether it is parsed as a command substitution or arithmetic expression,
there's nothing in there that might be interpreted as being a history
expansion so magic-space should not do anything regardless of how the
parser sees it.
Messages sorted by: