Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] fix backslash added incompatibility after previous patch
- X-seq: zsh-workers 42716
- From: Ricardo Giorni <ricardo@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix backslash added incompatibility after previous patch
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:09:03 -0300
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=giorni-co.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:mime-version:subject:date:references:to:in-reply-to:message-id; bh=A6/aftwS15Es/YSyzgPhagTaNbCM0AhmEs7aoZEdk14=; b=N/94Bance/HTuj3KDwOj6AdJiGvvzdITxO7E/6Q+26ScI/yN7j04ccJ5fve8nqGjMK uL50nPOtAGWRVExglx/Zx4s74GKNveGY1is0uUPoyY2KKZ75fBv15yYby5zI69RSrnX+ O962PIEuhzhfWVHQYZpMGkZ2mBoTCRLKCiTxkcBbSB1yGhKK3qBqNbUq86ymmumQMRtT vuj9/31IQpyyqz6mhc5UJ6kKQJhX9mXmdQhcVk7TCa4MsZi+h39mqcILy0hpyWowzh3N pYq4bCugduO6q3topgboeGop7F/dbEeeNbIossT5It9AF0YeMaccc7LdGxV4zqPjCOrW gI7g==
- In-reply-to: <B1EA1FD7-3E11-4365-892B-491DCE743C2E@giorni.co>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <B1EA1FD7-3E11-4365-892B-491DCE743C2E@giorni.co>
> On 22 Apr 2018, at 20:45, Ricardo Giorni <ricardo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After patch 42355, escaped backslashes on here-documents stopped working.
> cat <<-HERE
> Before patch 42355 (zsh 5.4), and on latest dash and bash:
> foo\ bar
Adding more background here, after zsh-workers/42355, which updated the way here docs are processed, some open source configuration scripts that used to comment last backslash before new line broke.
What I did on this patch is move the comparison when a backslash is found, not when the new line is found. I added some new tests for this specific scenario.
What was changed on 42355 is still working, as the tests added at the time still shows up.
Can someone review it, please?
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature
Messages sorted by: