Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] [[:blank:]] only matches on SPC and TAB
- X-seq: zsh-workers 42768
- From: Stephane Chazelas <stephane.chazelas@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx>, Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [[:blank:]] only matches on SPC and TAB
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 07:44:31 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:to:subject:message-id:mail-followup-to:references :mime-version:content-disposition:content-transfer-encoding :in-reply-to:user-agent; bh=D0K0DRQ33PMJcyKJZWDdSbUZTAXo9akIRfc5Af3LNYg=; b=FGgf/MKDOJlTulkR7tCTKewLi7hb4rv0lDCPwCPxN+dLov/HlCqFg1k8Bpmd506yt1 IhxpXXqM3YaVFS9WX9eyRna2vO5IGanZicTf/AlhqDcVnHGQ1hreus8QE8oxH0+fMObP ZwNFCjcVRcTv2VzEN6Mp7+rS9OZoB5HkAFVUWiJw0aNUapzlGnSo0SJwsmcP/1idfRFV Y3/kEpLFt6KvlnXKtOfKMrKJj3dVTYpjMKNlzoauMXx84p0n/jrTLVs5cGlGN2Ncp4U0 d0RGL6OQVGGnoszZ5lEYuvRd2Ii98hOBe9tc7o2vhyXDKWX7+eDPWoncl3LsFh/uK5nK sLyA==
- In-reply-to: <20180514063611.GA7263@chaz.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mail-followup-to: Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx>, Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20180513212553.GA29028@chaz.gmail.com> <CAKc7PVDyrTMsmBSEDcMC=CNVCjOnEDVtywRYA0=UnNCBpF=7JQ@mail.gmail.com> <20180514063611.GA7263@chaz.gmail.com>
2018-05-14 07:36:11 +0100, Stephane Chazelas:
> That struck me as very odd when I found that out yesterday and
> is inconsistent with all other shells. But because that meant
> extra code was added for that, I wondered if maybe that was
Looking at the Changelog, I see:
Tue Oct 13 21:42:47 1998 Andrew Main <zefram@xxxxxxx>
* Doc/Zsh/expn.yo, Src/glob.c: Add the [:blank:] character class
required by POSIX, which has no corresponding ctype macro.
* Doc/Zsh/expn.yo, Misc/globtests, Src/glob.c, Src/lex.c:
Add POSIX globbing character classes ([:alnum:] etc.).
Which explains why it's not using isblank() and strongly
suggests that it was not intentional.
Looking at POSIX:
> First released in Issue 6. Derived from the ISO/IEC 9899:1999 standard.
So it's /relatively/ recent (late 90s). Do we also need an
autoconf check for isblank() or can we assume that all systems
zsh is supported on have it?
Messages sorted by: