Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: MACHINES, FEATURES, etc.
- X-seq: zsh-workers 42874
- From: Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: MACHINES, FEATURES, etc.
- Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 09:34:55 +0100
- Cms-type: 201P
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 mailout2.w1.samsung.com 20180529083501euoutp0209397fd694996bb3a8e49d31a848e829~zEI4pkTmR2723227232euoutp02Z
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=samsung.com; s=mail20170921; t=1527582901; bh=KJmAxjw8ePjGsfXYaxP6iXWXpSjaJy0celqxUCJ1XEk=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:In-Reply-To:References:From; b=sTWuMHS7hPH/MXchaU1sez38ldJsVrWZlHy0agzOpghjvujvLvQv/Ypk15s25xCr6 //zkoX8UChfgscNzNXk/TSAns2VR37F/kaqKFsdDwtqO5loMx9EdhhPbz/JTl9fqG+ yPxBkqwxJvwOZe7uOX2JQI0PFEcS3no+OWa7ZurE=
- In-reply-to: <CAF6rxgnpPbY24MRdf8SZNytmaXXA6PwFGEs_m025OE8iUJJnmg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Organization: SCSC
- References: <CGME20180527065011epcas4p11a700ef0b52cf84d167ed3a02b5560d8@epcas4p1.samsung.com> <CAF6rxgnpPbY24MRdf8SZNytmaXXA6PwFGEs_m025OE8iUJJnmg@mail.gmail.com>
On Sat, 26 May 2018 23:49:12 -0700
Eitan Adler <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We have several files intended to serve as a kind of 'readme' or
> related. Many of these files have not been updated in some time and
> contain incomplete or wrong information.
> For example FEATURES was last updated in 2012 for 5.0.0. MACHINES was
> last touched in 2015 and is wildly incomplete.
FEATURES is there as a basic introduction to things zsh does well for
people who don't use it yet. These haven't changed; it is not the NEWS
file. It even says as much right at the top. So unless anyone finds
something that is worthy of adding or emending it doesn't need
MACHINES is never going to be complete, because we're relying on reports
of problems from the field, but it is intended to be accurate and
useful, which it isn't at the moment. It could probably be truncated to
a note saying it's a placeholder for reports of issues in installation
that need to be worked around --- which do get reported now and then ---
and a request for updates.
Messages sorted by: