Re: [Bug] Strange Globing Behaviour when used with sudo

On Thu, 31 May 2018 09:44:03 +0100
Peter Stephenson <p.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If it is the issue, it's going to take some detective work by someone
> on MacOS as grepping the code doesn't reveal an obviously missing use
> of ino_t in the zsh code --- worth checking if ino_t is actually
> correctly typedef'd.

Also, worth doing some easy checks anyway in config.h.  There's an
INO_T_IS_64_BIT definition that should be set, is it?  If not, how about
trying the other configuration definition

#define _DARWIN_USE_64_BIT_INODE

and see if that fixes the matter?  That would indicate the problem
wasn't that ino_t wasn't being used correctly in the code, just that
the type as defined wasn't large enough for certain situations in
configuration.

(Apologies if I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs but the thread so
far didn't suggest anyone on MacOS was actually looking down here.)

pws