Re: Dangling reference in zshroadmap(1) (was: Re: test for newline in a variable--unexpected results sometimes)

(This belongs in workers now, yeah?)

On 16 Sep 2018, at 17:56, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I don't understand the last sentence?

I haven't bothered to look at the actual source (and don't know it well from
memory yet), but just from the end result, it seems that it's set up so that if
a chapter has no sub-sections (like 'Command Execution') or if it has some
introductory text before the sub-sections (like 'Functions'), the top-level
heading is preserved. For chapters like 'Jobs & Signals', where the first bit of
content is a sub-heading, that top-level heading goes away, so as not to have
two consecutive headings.

On 16 Sep 2018, at 17:56, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>What end result would we like to achieve?  Once we nail that down we can
>think how to implement it.
>
>At least, we could grep for any instances of ifnzman(see the section
>`foo'...) where `foo' is a texinode() of a chapter(), and fix them.

For cases like the 'Shell Grammar' reference you found, it seems like there are
basically two kinds of options: Either change the reference to point to a
specific section instead of a whole chapter, or change the structure of the
pages to include the chapter heading. Assuming that's true, only the latter is
appropriate here, right?

I'm probably speaking out of turn, though, tbh; i know way less about how this
works than you.

dana