Re: PATCH: allow multiple completion for gcc -Wsuggest-attribute

Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> Is there a specific reason you changed "Warn" to be lower case
> inconsistent with all the other descriptions here?

Lower case is the normal convention for completion functions and I
apply corrections for common things like that on lines that I'm
otherwise modifying. I can see that in this particular case, it is
rather less than ideal because there's a lot of similar options.

The trouble with big patches to correct things like case and indentation
is that they obscure history in git.

In the case of gcc, I'd be inclined to treat warnings as a single -W
option that takes an argument:
  '*-W-[enable/disable a warning]:warning:->warnings'
Then parse the output of gcc --help=warnings and strip off the then
superfluous "Warn (about|when|if) " part of the descriptions.

Oliver