Re: [BUG]builtin echo error doing arguments parsing

(full quote below for reference as that was over a year ago)

I had requested the Austin Group amend the POSIX specification
to allow for echo -e, echo -E, echo -:

http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1222

But (as kind of anticipated) it looks like they will add -e and
-E, but not zsh's -

http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1222#c4373
https://posix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/p/2019-04-25 (password in
https://www.mail-archive.com/austin-group-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg03909.html)

So it may be worth disabling the special handling of "echo -" in
sh emulation (and keep the rest as-is). Also, maybe add a
xpg_echo alias to no_bsd_echo for bash compatibility.

--
Stephane

2018-02-24 08:20:40 +0000, Stephane Chazelas: