Re: Incorrect cursor position when ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0 (with a fix)

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 1:08 PM Charles Blake <charlechaud@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> xterm sources:
>     ftp://ftp.invisible-island.net/xterm

Thanks, I've tried it. XTerm 337 gives me the same results as the other two
versions I'd tried earlier.

You should definitely check something rxvt-like as there are several
> terminals derived from rxvt besides rxvt-unicode (aterm, eterm, mrxvt).
> rxvt-unicode is at http://dist.schmorp.de/rxvt-unicode/Attic/

Tested with  rxvt-unicode on Ubuntu. It works correctly both with and
without my patch. I've also now tested on PuTTY, which also works correctly
both with and without my patch.

To summarize the tests performed by myself and other people on this thread.
Out of the 10+ terminals tested, there are terminals that without the patch
work correctly, work incorrectly, work correctly for some people and not
others, work correctly without `-df` and incorrectly with it. What's
encouraging is that all terminals tested so far work correctly with the
patch.

Roman.