Re: PATCH: function copy

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 at 23:43, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Emacs calls this "advice" and allows before/around/after variations
> which can be added without having to redefine the existing function.
> I have a half-finished (that may be optimistic) module to provide this
> for ZLE widgets.  Handling the before/after is not too bad, but for

I have a somewhat related idea which i will now invoke because of the
nice use case it has – a module to add before and after set/get hooks
for parameters. Think about an after-set hook for BUFFER, being the
z-sy-h/f-sy-h _zsh_highlight function, which does the highlighting.
This might be an even better approach than the zle-line-pre-redraw
hook.

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
News: https://twitter.com/ZdharmaI