Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: A serious bug in execution – where to debug?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 44602
- From: Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: A serious bug in execution – where to debug?
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 20:53:13 +0200
- Cc: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-transfer-encoding; bh=EKEb6DLGDu7KvfAlbpJvNFr/EcfQUnFP0AnEGySE5Oo=; b=To1oVYo7DBLtZruVfEoLHJmHNeZ4xE+AGhymwTgAqIUp/yveWeuizhIpQ5dV8oYX0k y5lWTmH35/MBCZaXrJoITxX57xpQ8/Cqiu7L+SGb7IFYRZin8utRS03EikYFNmmjNGNh K5QkgLPa30wy7dPqGNLWKyDXiu671uCD+SHEEffL7GZoFM0o0G1Yvaxh+JmWmkpCqPRp sX45EDS+hx9aCzead0yQqwQxczPOfPx/s1lXsrXqrPZX9cMwpdq79NCYA113NJ7uoQxG sGhefPZILbGXTD+w5NmFMpPF1D9M6aN2UCpKDq1NBsNW8n07d762bTu+G783xY0mtcl3 bSsA==
- In-reply-to: <CAN=4vMqYCXz79kVoUN6dN7psOdcGmF-i2XGtccXZgd+Ti1fkEg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAKc7PVCKrg_PnZ6jKLoAwR8XQnswT-Bs2TJA7oefhd_gRtHKUQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMpWFR=_TPZ2hcQC_FvKSiPFW2_isn_BYxYaoUKLqu-4Gw@mail.gmail.com> <CAKc7PVCn0PNzu5PxCW=nwZ6unt5CtTarPOo387yvg0+bekuSyQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMqtA5k_rDfyn_Pk0Q6isxcJVN1mE+8-k+O=21qYDS+HCg@mail.gmail.com> <CAKc7PVB0piw70MfggmkWpGdkOxZNJrb2tZ+2LAao9N9QZ00bPA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN=4vMqYCXz79kVoUN6dN7psOdcGmF-i2XGtccXZgd+Ti1fkEg@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 at 20:22, Roman Perepelitsa
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 8:16 PM Sebastian Gniazdowski
> <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 at 20:12, Roman Perepelitsa
> > <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 7:55 PM Sebastian Gniazdowski
> > > <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > No. I guess that the temp-files removal can be easily added – by
> > shadowing mktemp call. I didn't think about killing of the background
> > processes. I guess this too can be added, but I suspect that most of
> > them will be invisible in $jobtexts, i.e. disowned, so it might get
> > hard. Thanks for the suggestions. How are you running the gitstatus
> > process in the plugin?
> Do you think it's possible to implement clean shutdown and reentrant
> initialization for a piece of code as blackbox?
What do you mean exactly? As a blackbox - as a regular, repeatable method?
> gitstatusd and p10k both have clean shutdown in their public APIs. It
> was quite difficult to implement. By using this API you release all
> resources and can initialize the plugins once again within the same
> shell. However, if you unset internal variables or close file
> descriptors, or fail to kill daemons, you are in undefined behavior
> land and all bets are off.
This might be a good use case for the proposed unload function
If you would provide a function powerlevel10k_unload_plugin, then I
would call it in Zplugin when unloading the plugin, allowing the
function to close the background process.
Messages sorted by: