Re: A serious bug in execution – where to debug?

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 3:40 PM Sebastian Gniazdowski
<sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 at 15:34, Roman Perepelitsa
> <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > a feature. It's disrespectful to the developers whose code is
> > brutalized, and it causes extra strain on them due to bug reports by
> > the affected users.
>
> I see. For me the topic isn't associated with brutalization. It's a
> removal of plugin's widget together with its binding, so that it's not
> exposed anymore. A simple withdrawal of plugin's presence.

Once upon a time there lived Jack -- the sole designer and
manufacturer of TV sets that bore his name. He took pride in the
functional and aesthetic properties of his product. Jack TVs had a
slick screen that looked almost weightless, and a nice remote for
turning the TV on and off. Then one day an enterprising distributor
showed up in town and started bundling Jack TV together with other
home appliances and advertising rocks as a general tool for turning
off electronic devices. "It often works", he said. Jack shook his head
every time he saw a scratched or broken screen with his name on the
frame. He no longer told people he made those TVs as it became
difficult to look at the brutalized hunks of steel and glass with
pride. "I'm not brutalizing this TV set, I'm just throwing rocks at
it", one customer was heard to say. He didn't know there was a remote.
The distributor didn't tell him.

Roman.