Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Funky list-colors
- X-seq: zsh-workers 44990
- From: zsugabubus <zsugabubus@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Funky list-colors
- Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 21:58:34 +0100
- In-reply-to: <CAH+w=7Y_TDFMU_uEHtEbmAUiNRLs2Ek_NdbhUU9fAzc8ZxAYww@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20191129122141.rekf7hcxtacjojo2@localhost> <CAH+w=7ZrwCrhkVCvZUAEgomWT_+bydWHEHV_oaZTDc=rnadyTw@mail.gmail.com> <20191129172303.sd5bj3gukhdb7mpp@localhost> <CAH+w=7ZGsuwPx8jm-mGYqtP6u68kG+-HLkk6fJbaj4rUy+dJVg@mail.gmail.com> <20191129203707.ipf4zjkkptg35lpa@localhost> <CAH+w=7Y_TDFMU_uEHtEbmAUiNRLs2Ek_NdbhUU9fAzc8ZxAYww@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 03:27:17PM -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> OK, so what you want here is not to fiddle with the way completion
> applies colors to the grid, but the way it populates the grid with
> file names.
> The first and most straightforward thing you might do is set the
> LIST_TYPES option [...]
> If that's not sufficient [...] you should look at the file-patterns
Thanks, I know about and using both.
> If that's still not enough, then you'll want to create your own
> completion function to manage these files. "compadd -P prefix ..."
> will attach a prefix to each string added by that call to compadd,
> where that prefix is NOT treated as part of the file name...
I tried it but my input was immediately completed by this prefix.
"ls <Tab>" -> "ls prefix".
If it's the intended behavior, I'm surely not look for this.
> For even more detail you can use something similar to:
> compadd -o -d labels_array -a filenames_array
It looks wonderful! I think it will work for me. Can I make parts of
labels bold or colored? (Zsh seems to escape escape codes.) Or it's only
doable with "list-colors"?
Messages sorted by: