Re: Bug with traps and exit

Op 12-12-19 om 11:14 schreef Peter Stephenson:
On Tue, 2019-12-10 at 20:23 +0100, Martijn Dekker wrote:
Op 24-11-19 om 06:54 schreef Martijn Dekker:
[...]
A related issue (possibly the same?) with a much simpler test case: trap 'echo SIGINT; trap - INT; kill -s INT $$; echo woops' INT
kill -s INT $$
zsh prints 'woops', but shouldn't.
Ping?
Is this just being missed, or is it considered too unimportant?

Are you saying there's a fix for this we need to apply?  I haven't seen
one.

No, I'm saying my nearly year-old bug report seems to be being either overlooked or ignored.

I don't have the expertise to fix this myself. Signal handling in C is beyond me. I could give it a try, but it would likely be wrong and/or broken, so I figure I might as well not waste your time or mine.

So far, zsh maintainers have been receptive to bug reports (mine and others) even if the reporter can't provide a fix. Has that changed?

I mean, I'm not trying to criticise anyone. I fully understand if you only want bug report with patches. It's just that that isn't how things seem to have worked so far.

- M.

--
modernish -- harness the shell
https://github.com/modernish/modernish