Re: unreproducible bug with ${=...}

On 13 Dec 2019, at 22:53, frederik@xxxxxxx wrote:
> P.S. I switched to using "zip" expansion, as suggested by Mikachu on IRC,
> which seems more elegant and doesn't use IFS: ${${:---exclude}:^^excludes}

In this case you could also just do: --exclude=$^excludes

As to why your ${=...} result sometimes differs, the most obvious thing that
comes to mind is IFS getting changed somehow. But i don't know how that would
be happening intermittently. As far as debugging, i guess just add logging to
show what IFS is set to immediately before the command, and/or run the script
with -x if you can?

dana