Re: Dead Link on page http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Intro/

On 20 Dec 2019, at 14:14, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The href attributes need leading slashes, else they'd be broken.

Oops, copy/paste errors from the other links i guess. Thanks

On 20 Dec 2019, at 14:14, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The workshop was written when version 3.1.5 was current....
> This link is also broken («wget: unable to resolve host address
> ‘a.gp.cs.cmu.edu’»), and in any case, when was it last updated?  We should
> be linking to current documentation.

Yeah, the release script mentions that the texi file is no longer available,
so the HTML doesn't get updated. The PostScript version is generated from
intro.ms in the main repo, but, with one very small exception (workers/30430),
that file hasn't been touched in 20+ years either, so...

Like i said, they are *all* extremely out-of-date. Much of the basic stuff
still applies, but i don't think i'd personally use or recommend any of these
documents. Just thought we might err on the side of caution, as Peter
(basically) suggested. If there's a more recent document that can serve as an
introduction, we can use that, but i'm not aware of anything myself. Or, if
you guys prefer, we can just get rid of the entire page, idk

dana