Re: Feature request: italic style in region_highlight

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 8:27 AM Roman Perepelitsa
<roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> enter/exit sounds better than my suggestion. Another option: on/off. I
> haven't thought of it earlier but now I think it pretty good.

Yes, on/off would be fine.

> Shall I send a patch? I'd love to have this feature.

I don't see why not.

> A related question. Would you (zsh elders) be receptive to my adding
> percent escapes for italicized (%A and %a) and inverse video (%R and
> %r) mode? %S and %s would stay unchanged.

I think %R and %r have been preempted for the spell correction prompt
(see SPROMPT in the manual, could probably stand to have a mention
added in the section with the rest of the prompt expansions).

Perhaps the way around this is to use %A/%a for "attribute" the way
%F/%f are use for foreground color.  Thus %A{03} would be italic
(where supported), %A{07} would be reverse, etc.  Your call whether to
define some counterpart of the ansi_colours array in prompt.c that
supplies symbolic names; Functions/Misc/colors has the ECMA-48 table.