Re: Official plugin manager?

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 at 13:01, Roman Perepelitsa
<roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 12:04 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > [...] let's talk about problems
>
> (...)
>
> Prompt was missing the information I was used to (the
> default Bash prompt in Ubuntu shows user@host and the current
> directory in different colors).

I think that the prompt problem would be solved by the p-m. A simple:
"zsh-pm load user/theme" added to the .zshrc would give a theme that's
either decent relatively - i.e.: when compared to the default % prompt
- or absolutely - in case of the user/plugin being a good theme.

> Basic keys such as home, end or delete didn't work.

The point 6.: the new way of packaging scripts, not through autoload
functions but by sourceables - would allow bundling a few reasonable
bindkey setups. I suspect that the unclean impression given by doing
this by the autoloads – given because it doesn't feel right to create
a set of functions with just a set of bindkey calls in them – could be
one of the main reasons of why this isn't currently bundled.

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
News: https://twitter.com/ZdharmaI