Re: Codespell report for "zsh" (on fossies.org)

Fossies Administrator wrote on Thu, 09 Jan 2020 14:54 +00:00:
> Fossies Administrator wrote on Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 13:05:13 +0100:
> > Is it possible to get the report in the form of a unidiff?
> So a vague idea was to make the spelling errors selectable and then to
> create multiple (or even one) unidiff files

I just used «git add -p» to pick and choose which changes to
stage/commit and which not to.  (Specifically, I used «git -c
interactive.diffFilter="perl /usr/share/doc/git/contrib/diff-highlight/diff-highlight"
that command finished, I reviewed «git diff --word-diff --cached»,
committed it, and reverted the local changes (which were the false
positives, etc; I'd made sure I had no local changes before I applied
all the detected typo fixes).

> but that isn't trivial to realize and for e.g. probably not usable by
> projects using GitHub.

Yeah, github doesn't provide a UI for this, AFAIK.

> By the way, the basically used tool "codespell"
> (https://github.com/codespell-project/codespell) offers an option
> "--write-changes" to "write changes in place if possible".

*nod*

Cheers,

Daniel