Re: [BUG] complist interactive mode overwrites command line

On Sun, Mar 3, 2024 at 6:05 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think I have an acceptable solution to this issue

It gets closer than any previous attempts, I think.

> The real test is whether it handles this ...
> >> Anything that resets the
> >> appearance of the line -- such as hitting TAB again after accept-line

% ls Src/utom4te.cache config S
Scripts/       Src/           StartupFiles/

This occurred after using right-arrow to select Src from the menu.
% ls <TAB>
Then use interactive completion to fill in
% ls autom4te.cache config
Then add S and press TAB:
% ls autom4te.cache config S<TAB>
Then right arrow from Script to Src and end up with the mess above.

Settings:
  bindkey ^I menu-select
  MENUMODE=interactive