Re: current git Fails to compile on Solaris 11 x86

On 3/20/2024 05:19, Peter Stephenson wrote:
On 20/03/2024 09:30 GMT Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 20/03/2024 04:41 GMT Clinton Bunch <cdb_zsh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
./configure --prefix=$HOME/local
Solaris 11/Developer Studio 12
Src/Modules/hlgroup.c

cc -c -I. -I../../Src -I../../Src -I../../Src/Zle -I. -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-DMODULE -O -KPIC -o hlgroup..o hlgroup.c
"hlgroup.c", line 144: void function cannot return value
"hlgroup.c", line 158: void function cannot return value
cc: acomp failed for hlgroup.c
Is the function name getpmsgr perhaps already used by Solaris?
The Interweb thing isn't particularly forthcoming on the subject, but I
can see a STREAMS function getpmsg() - Receive next message from a
STREAMS file.  I wonder if this is a re-entrant version of that.

Let's just rename it and the others in that area.

pws

I'm getting the same error with that patch applied.   What I saw on the lines it errored on were return statements returning the value of a function in a wrapper function defined to return void. Perhaps, simply removing the return keyword?

Doing so, it compiles cleanly, I'm just not familiar enough with the code in question to be sure if that is the right move.