Re: Bug report; git tab-completion on macOS within paths containing unicode characters

On Sun, Apr 28, 2024 at 12:23 AM Yves Delley <pu.y@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...] for me, `git ls-files` seems to work normally

Try it with
  git ls-files $PWD
vs
  git ls-files ${(qqqq)PWD}

I think the problem is that NFD form ends up having the first byte of
the second nybble misinterpreted, so the string gets truncated at that
point.  That visibly happens in xterm (XQuartz) when I try to
copy-paste the pathname.  The (qqqq) flag just quotes the entire
string differently to push that through to ls-files, which then
properly composes it.